As an award winner I must list seven things about myself and pass the award to fifteen other blogs.
Seven Things About Me
1. Black is my comfort color. Most of my wardrobe is black and any color I have will be in the darker hue of the color spectrum: e.g.: blood red, dark purples, dark chocolates. Totally dislike pastels, the color yellow and most floral prints.
2. I was in the Goth scene some years ago and I’m still Goth at heart. Often people say “Goth is about death” but Goth embraces every aspect of life (especially its soulful and darker nature) including death, which helped me stop fearing death and cemeteries. Prior to that I couldn’t step into a cemetery. Now I see the peacefulness of the park-like settings and the beauty of the stones, statues and mausoleums instead of feeling irrational fear.
3. I’m not a seamstress but I put together my Halloween costumes. Sure, you can see the stitches from the moon but whatever project I’ve set myself to do, I make it work. Perfect or not I’m proud of my work.
4. Every time I read an amazing book, I think that my writing can’t compare to such great work and begin to doubt myself as a writer. Then I get depressed and a few days later I give myself a pep talk and lift my spirits up again.
5. I don’t drive. It’s on my list of things to do that I never get around to doing. I don’t even have a permit and the thought of car insurance makes me squirm because new drivers have really high payments. Eventually, I’ll have to drive so it remains on the list – like at the bottom of the list.
6. I’m not musically talented but I love to sing. My daughter has an ear for music – she taught herself to play the piano. So my singing is very painful to her, especially when I sing opera.
7. Many years ago when I took maternity leave, my boss had a temporary assistant take over my duties during my absence. Unfortunately, before I could return from maternity leave, the girl left on maternity leave. My boss got rid of my desk chair. His reasoning: We both sat on the chair, we both got pregnant and we both went on maternity leave. Therefore, he deduced that pregnancy is contagious.
Below are the 15 blogs who I’ve passed the award to.