Monday, August 29, 2011

Basking in Creativity


Lately I’ve been comfortably nestled in my right brain. For once I took a break from the usual analytical left brain control. I’ve been writing – not for my novel, which is odd.

One morning I woke up from a dream and I could only remember a snippet of it but I decided to write about it; to expand it a bit. I decided not to fight the pull – the attraction to work on it, because it isn’t the novel that I have committed to write. I figured, why not? So, I plunged in and I’m having fun with this project right now.


The other thing I’ve been working on for some time now is jewelry making. I make costume jewelry and this started as a hobby a few years ago. I stopped for a while but took it up again. My friends have been very encouraging about it and I’ve actually sold a few pieces. So I’m very excited.



Right now I’m just letting creativity flow through me in different forms. For instance, I’m already thinking about working on my Halloween costume. I know it’s early but even though I sew, I’m not a seamstress and I want to give myself enough time to go back to the drawing board if it doesn’t work out. My previous costumes have been a success so I'm fairly confident that this year I'll design another winner.

I’m feeling really good and I realized that being creative makes me happy. Anyway, that’s all the update I have for now.

Happy writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment